What in the world can be better than a Macadamia Nut Ghirardelli White Chocolate Chip Cookie? Not much in this ladies world. There is something to be said about the macadamia nut…smooth and almost buttery with a consistency you want to keep biting into just to feel it break up in your mouth again and again. They are definitely a top 3 in the nuts and seeds category for me.
We had some friends visit recently. They live a few hours from us and they also raise Galloway Beef Cattle too. Our Galloway Bulls have a little crush on their Galloway female cows so they dropped their girls off for a little rendezvous. Hopefully the girls go home pregnant after they spend the summer on grass with our Galloway Bulls and they have little Galloway calfs next Spring! Funny, interesting, and laid back, we don’t see them as often as we’d like but when we do, it’s always a good time. I wanted to make these macadamia nut cookies for them so that they could have some snackage for their drive back to their Rocky Mountain Chateau.
Oh so buttery, vanilla-ey and basically cookie perfection, these babies are best in the first few days when they are the moistest. Days one, two, and three, they are soft and moist and basically beg to be eaten with a glass of cold milk. Of course, my favorite is warm just from the oven when you can pull them apart and watch the chocolate stretch. That is really cookie heaven. The fourth day, they are still utterly fabulous and I could eat 5 in one sitting with zero problem if I allowed myself but they start to remind me a little of those cookies from Mrs. Fields when I was a kid on day 4. I haven’t seen that cookie shop for a very long time but it used to be located in the Shopping Malls in Las Vegas. Still fabulous but a little crunchier and flakier. I have not tried to freeze these in baked form yet but they do freeze well in cookie dough balls and can be pulled out of a Zip Loc Bag, and baked on very short notice if needed. I love, love, love, that kind of cookie and that kind of preparedness for guests or a sweet treat just because it sounds good while you’re hanging out after dinner on the porch on a warm Summer evening!
Enjoy and all the best!
- 3 C. All Purpose Flour
- 3/4 Tsp. Salt
- 1 Tsp. Baking Soda
- 1 C. Butter, (2 Sticks) Unsalted and Softened to Room Temp. (Important)
- 3/4 C. Granulated Sugar
- 1 C. Packed Brown Sugar
- 2 Tsp. Vanilla Extract
- 2 Large Eggs (Large Size Important)
- 12 Ounces of White Ghirardelli Chips, (1 regular bag)
- 1 C. Coarsely Chopped Macadamia Nuts
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a medium bowl add the flour, salt and baking soda. Dry whisk. Set aside briefly.
- In a mixing bowl, add the butter and both sugars. Using beaters, cream together on med/high for 3-4 minutes. It should look creamy and fluffy.
- Add the eggs to the butter and sugars one at a time. Beating on medium to combine thoroughly. Add the vanilla. Beat on medium for 2 minutes, scraping the sides as necessary with a rubber spatula.
- Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture a third at a time, mixing on low. Mix until the flour is just incorporated. No need to beat rapidly or long. Add the white chips and the nuts and mix by hand until the ingredients are just mixed evenly through.
- Scoop even sized spoon full of the cookie dough on a parchment lined cookie sheet. I use a medium melon baller scoop for all cookies.
- Bake 9-11 minutes.
- I don’t allow these cookies to cool on the cookie sheet as they continue to cook a little. I slide the parchment off and let the cookies cool on the parchment on the granite for a just perfect texture.